Friday, January 2, 2009

Welcome Haylie

Well on December 26th, 2008 at 2:27 pm we welcomed our new baby girl into the world. We named her Haylie TeRia Cook. She weighed 7 pounds 12 ounces and is 20 inches long. She is a pretty good sized baby! My labor and delivery went really well! My doctor ended up inducing me because I had high blood pressure and I'm sure he was probably sick of me complaining! Haylie is a really beautiful baby- at least I think she is. She was posterior so the doctor had to flip her with the forceps, her eye got a litt
le bruised. Chris has been so great with her. He is already wrapped around her finger.

We brought her home on Sunday and that night she screamed from
12:00-2:00 in the morning, that was not very fun. This first week has been really hard, we are trying to figure out her needs and what she wants. Haylie has some lungs on her too- she screams so loud! I guess she really is my kid. Everyday seems to get a little easier which we both are so grateful for. Well not much more to say other than we had the baby and things are going great. I will keep you all updated with pictures of her and the changes she goes through.




10 comments:

Breeeee said...

Bridgett!! she is GORGEOUS!!!!! Congrats! You and Chris make good babies! I was laughing SO hard when you said she was your kid because of her lungs!! LMAO!!! Congrats again!!

Blake and Amanda said...

Bridgett she is so beautiful!!! I need to come visit her in person and bring a present! Let me know when you are ready for a guest!!!

Adams clan! said...

Yeah, Congrats! I have been wondering if you had the baby yet. I found your blog on Andreas hope you dont care. She is beautiful and I am so glad things went well. There is always a big adjustment with a baby. You learn as you go!

Blair Campbell said...

I have been so curious...I am glad I looked on Andrea's blog!! Congrats. She is adorable!! Enjoy every moment, time goes by so fast!! Can't wait to meet her. I am so glad you are healthy!!

Cherice said...

Too stinkin' cute! Congrats!

Mtn. View Relief Society said...

Congrats on your baby girl! She is so cute. Just wait before you know it you will have a six month old, it goes so fast. I have been stalking your blog I found you on Candices. You can check out my blog at gregandshae.blogspot.com.

Topham Family said...

She is way cute!! Congradulations!!! Hope everything goes well for you guys! :)

Sally Barrington said...

Hi there! I just found out you have a blog. She is so perfect! I can't wait to see her in real life. So our little girl and Haylie must have been friend in the pre-existance because as soon as i got on your blog and saw a picture of Haylie she started kicking like crazy. Like she's trying to tell me that's her friend and she wants to play. Anyways... Let us know when you're ready for visitors. We would love to come and meet your Haylie(and see you guys too)!

Schwarz's said...

she is beautiful! we want to come visit!!! and meet her let us know when we can seeya

Amy said...

Hey! I found you on Jennas blog. Congratulations on your baby! She is adorable and you look fantastic! We need to get the boys playing hockey again so we can keep in touch...